A glimpse to the past
- The first people around Keirinki area, were forest-Lappish people starting a farms around 1760's. The first form of accommodation was single room wooden housing that, didn't have a chimney so it would stay warmer during winter.
- Around 1900 the village started to grow, when first collaboration projects started. Villagers started a company called "Mylly" ( the mill ).
- On the year 1914 Kierinki got its first school.
- Starting from 1927 the villagers started to work towards connecting Kierinki to the road network. After few complications, that was achieved in year 1935.
- The sports-committee of Kierinki was formed in 1931. The board, consisting of five men, decided to acquire a radio for the village.
- After acquiring the radio, the committee also started to provide sports activities. First sport tournament was held in 1934, and for each of the best four contestents, were handed a toothbrush and a silver spoon.